Help Desk


1. Where are the company's shares Listed?

Calsoft's shares are listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and The Stock Exchange Mumbai (BSE).

2. What are the company's stocks symbols on the stock exchanges?


(Type of Shares: EQUITY)

go to toptop

3. I am interested in your financial reports, company information, and details about your strategy. What can you send me?

All financial information that is made public by I am interested in your financial reports, company information, and details about your strategy. What can you send me?the Company is available on our website under Investors section. Please visit:

Being a listed company, all relevant financial information and announcements are filed promptly as & when released with NSE & BSE stock exchanges. You can also access these sites (mentioned below) for such information (using the company's stock symbols) besides current and historical market stock price information.

The sites are and

If you as an investor /potential investor need any specific information beyond what is publicly available, you may send your request with the details required by email /post to the Company Secretary (contact address given at the end of this document). However please note that being a listed company we cannot give out selective information to anyone as per Stock exchange listing rules -- which can be construed as of a financial nature or having a bearing on stock prices. If the information requested by you does not fall into this category and is available, the Company secretary will respond to it normally within a week of receipt of your request.

go to toptop

4. I am interested to buy Calsoft shares. Where can I buy them?

Calsoft shares are traded on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and The Stock Exchange Mumbai (BSE). You may contact any broker firm who are members of these exchanges and purchase the shares through them. Alternately, if you are registered with any online share trading website that deals in shares listed at NSE & BSE, you can purchase the company's shares through this site with your trading account. Please note that to buy shares through the exchange you need to have a demat account as trading in equity shares of the company on the exchanges is allowed only in dematerialized form as per notification issued by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).

go to toptop

5. What are the company's share capital details ?

  • Type of security : EQUITY
  • Face Value per share : Rs. 10
  • Total No of issued shares: 1,23,65,006 (as on March 31, 2009)
  • For Market price details refer section.
    Click Here
  • Demat Code details :Calsoft's shares are dematerialized with the National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL) and the ISIN Code is INE526B01014. About 99 % of the company's share capital was held in dematerialized form as on March 31, 2009.
  • For shareholding pattern as of last quarter end refer section.
    Click Here

go to toptop

6. Who can invest in CALSOFT shares?

Any Individual or HUF or body corporate or etc.

go to toptop

All about DEMAT

1. What is Demat and what are its benefits?

Dematerialisation ('Demat' in short form) signifies conversion of a share certificate from its physical form to electronic form for the same number of holding. It offers scope for paperless trading, whereby share transactions and transfers are processed electronically without involving any share certificate or transfer deed after the share certificates have been converted from physical form to electronic form. Demat avoids the time consuming and complex process of getting shares transferred in the name of buyers as well its inherent problems of bad deliveries, delay in processing/fraudulent interception in postal transit, etc.

go to toptop

2. Is demat of CALSOFT shares compulsory?

Dematerialisation of shares is optional and an investor can opt to hold shares in physical form, if he chooses to.

Please note however, that to buy and sell shares through the stock exchange you need to necessarily have a demat account and shares in demat format as trading in equity shares of the company on the stock exchanges is allowed compulsorily only in dematerialized form as per notification issued by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). Further as on March 31, 2009, 99% of the company's shares were held in demat form. Hence it is always advisable to hold CALSOFT shares in demat form unless there is specific and compelling reason for any investor to opt for physical certificates holdings.

go to toptop

3. What is a depository?

A depository can be compared to a bank. A depository holds securities (like shares, debentures, bonds, Government Securities, units etc.) of investors in electronic form. Besides holding securities, a depository also provides services related to transactions in securities. Two Depositories are in operation in India - National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).

go to toptop

4. How can I avail the service of a depository?

A depository interfaces with the investors through its agents called Depository Participants (DPs). If an investor wants to avail the services offered by the depository, the investor has to open an account with a DP. For a full list of DPs you can visit the websites of NSDL and CDSL and select the DP you prefer.

go to toptop

5. How long does the dematerialization process take?

Dematerialization of physical share certificates will normally take about 30 days from the time it is surrendered for dematerialisation, provided all documents are in order.

Click here for format

go to toptop

6. Re-materialization - Can my electronic holdings be converted back into physical certificates?

Yes. If you wish to get back your securities in physical form, all you have to do is to request your DP for re-materialization of the same. 'Re-materialization' is the term used for converting electronic holdings back into certificates. We will forward your request to NSDL / CDSL after verifying that you have the necessary balances. NSDL/ CDSL in turn will intimate the registrar who will print the certificates and dispatch the same to you.

Click here for format

go to toptop

7. When I buy demat shares, in what time should I receive the securities from my broker?

The broker is expected to transfer the securities to you within two working days or four calendar days after securities are received in his pool account, provided you have made the requisite payment to the broker or through the online trading mode the payment is debited to your bank account.

go to toptop

8. Can I buy and sell shares through Depository Participant?

No. Shares can be bought and sold only through a stockbroker or an online trading website. DP facilitates delivering the shares against a sell transaction or receiving the shares for a buy transaction.

go to toptop

9. Where can I get more detail on demat and DPs

For more details on demat and an Investor's Guide To Depositories Please visit the websites of

go to toptop

Change of address

1. If there is a change in my address what is the procedure to get it recorded?

  • If the shares held by you are in physical form, kindly send a request letter signed by the shareholder (first named shareholder in case of joint-holders) giving the new address along with the Pin Code and proof of address change to our Registrars & Share Transfer Agents. Please quote your folio number without fail.
  • In case the shares held by you are in demat, please inform the change to your Depository Participant (DP) who will guide you on the process.

Click here for format

go to toptop

2. Can joint-holders request for a change of address?

No. The letter of request for physical shares for change of address will require the signature of the first holder only.

3. Can there be multiple addresses for a single folio in respect of physical holdings?

No. There can be only one registered address for one folio.

go to toptop

4. If the shares are dematted, what is the procedure for change of address?

Since your Depository Participant maintains your record of dematted shares, you have to inform them about any change in your address. Your Depository Participant will then pass on this information to our registrars when any action like dispatch of Annual Reports or payment of dividend etc., is due to be undertaken by the Company.

go to toptop


1. What is the importance of record dates to me for corporate benefits?

In case the securities bought by you are yet to be transferred into your account by your broker before the book closure / record date, you will not be entitled to receive corporate benefits such as dividend or bonus since your name will not figure in the list of beneficial owners. Hence, you must ensure that securities bought by you are transferred into your account before the book closure/ record date is announced by the company.

go to toptop

2. Who will give me the corporate benefits arising out of my holdings?

The company will give the benefits. If at the time of book closure / record date, shares are in your broker's account, the company will give the corporate benefits (dividend/bonus shares) to the broker and the broker has to pass on the same to you.

3. How would I get my dividend entitlements?

The company's registrar obtains the details of demat beneficiary holders and their holdings as on the date of the book closure / record date from NSDL / CDSL and also updates the record of shareholders holding shares in physical form. The payment to the demat investors will be made by the company through the ECS (Electronic Clearing Service) facility in specified cities or by issuing dividend warrants on which your bank account details are printed. The bank account details will be those, which you would have mentioned in your DP account opening, form or changed thereafter. For the physical shareholders the dividend payment will be made as per their option through ECS /Dividend warrants as per their updated option /mandate form. If there is no option/mandate form on record and/or ECS is not possible of the location the investor is in, it will be paid through dividend warrants.

go to toptop

4. How would I get my bonus shares or other non-cash entitlements?

The company's registrar obtains the details of beneficiary holders and their holdings as on the date of the book closure / record date from NSDL/ CDSL and also updates the record of shareholders holding shares in physical form. The entitlement for demat holders will be credited by the company directly in your NSDL / CDSL depository account . For those holding shares in physical form as on record date, the certificates will be issued in physical form.

go to toptop

5. In case of discrepancies in corporate benefits whom do I contact?

In case of discrepancies in corporate benefits, you can approach your DP or the company's Registrars. In case of any unresolved queries you may approach the Company Secretary. Details of the addresses are listed elsewhere in this page.

go to toptop

6. How will the investor confirm that bonus/rights entitlement is credited into the Demat account?

The R &T agent for bonus/ rights entitlement will send an allotment advice. For demat holders further, the Transaction Statement given by the DP, will also show the bonus/ rights credit into the account. For physical shareholders they should verify they receive the physical certificates. The quantity shown in the advice and statement of transaction /physical delivery should match.

go to toptop

7. I have not received my dividend. What action do I take?

You may please write to our Registrar quoting the name of our company, furnishing the particulars of the dividend not received and also quoting your folio number (for physical shares) /client ID particulars (in case of dematted shares). Our Registrar will verify the records and provide you with the status update.

go to toptop

8. What is the procedure for obtaining a duplicate dividend warrant? Can I claim the old dividends relating to past years, which have not been received by me?

If t he dividend warrant is still shown as unpaid in the company's Bank records after reconciliation, our Registrar shall issue a duplicate warrant to you on providing an indemnity bond. Please note this procedure will take some time depending upon your location and the year for which duplicate warrant is sought. However note that beyond certain time limit (given below in next para) duplicate warrants cannot be provided.

As per the present law in India, the dividends issued prior to the year 1995, if found unpaid / unclaimed, such amounts are required to be transferred to the Central Government. Unpaid/unclaimed dividends issued subsequent to the year 1995 and if such dividends are more than 7 years old, such dividends cannot be claimed. If you have not received any of these dividends, you may please write to our Registrar with relevant particulars like folio number/client ID No, concerned year, No of shares held on record date for that year, and they shall clarify the status and arrange to pay the dividend if it remains unpaid as per the records.

However, please note that the unpaid / unclaimed dividend amounts transferred to the Investor Education and Protection fund established under the Companies Act, 1956 in the year 2002 and as per the applicable law, no refund can be claimed by the shareholders for such dividends.

Click here for format

go to toptop

9. In order to protect against fraudulent encashment, I want to incorporate the details of my bank account in my dividend warrant. What is the procedure that I should follow?

Currently the bank account particulars are being printed on the dividend warrants wherever available and in the absence of the same, complete address is printed to avoid possible fraudulent encashment. In case you have not provided your bank account details in the past or wish to change, please forward a communication as stated below:

  • If you are holding shares in physical form, please quote the name of the company and give your folio number, details of name, of your bank and account number to our Registrar and they shall incorporate the same in all your future dividend warrants.
  • If you are holding the shares in demat form, such details will have to be given to your Depository Participant with whom you have a demat account. Your Depository Participant in turn will pass on this information to the company through the Depositories NSDL/CDSL. This procedure is in accordance with depository regulations.

go to toptop

10. Why can't the Company/Registrars take on record the bank details in case of dematted shares?

As per the Depository Regulations, the Company concerned is obliged to pay dividend as per the details of demat shareholders furnished by the concerned Depository Participant. The Company or their Registrars cannot make any change in such records received from the Depositories.

11. What is Electronic Clearing Service (ECS)?

Under this system, you can receive your dividend electronically by way of direct credit to your bank account. This avoids a lot of hassles like loss/fraudulent interception of dividend warrants during postal transit. This also expedites payment through credit to your account compared to dividend warrants in physical form. We are currently paying dividends (as & when declared) in ECS mode compulsorily for demat holders in specified locations who have updated their bank account particulars with their DPs as well as for physical certificate shareholders who are in specified cities and have provided the ECS mandate to the registrars. We strongly recommend that if you are in specified cities given below and have not already opted for Electronic Clearing Service, you may please do so.

go to toptop

12. How can I avail of the Electronic Clearing Service facility?

In case you are holding shares in physical form and are in specified city given below, you should submit the ECS form duly completed along with a photocopy of a leaf of your cancelled cheque as advised in the Form to our Registrar. As a result, all subsequent dividends will be paid to you through direct credit to your bank account. However, if the shares are in demat, please get in touch with your DP who will inform you of the procedure.

go to toptop

13. Is the ECS facility available across India?

No. The Reserve Bank of India has enabled ECS facility at select cities only. This facility is being provided by most of the companies to the investor based cities viz., Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Surat, Trivandrum and Vadodara.

download ECS mandate form/Bank Account details from - for physical certificate shareholders

go to toptop

Loss of physical share certificates

1. I have lost/misplaced my physical share certificates. What are the steps that I should take to obtain duplicate share certificates?

Please inform our Registrars immediately about loss of share certificates quoting the name of the Company, your folio number and details of share certificates, if available. Our Registrars will immediately mark a caution on your folio to prevent any further transfer of shares covered by the lost share certificates. Simultaneously, you will have to lodge a complaint with the police regarding loss of share certificates and also furnish an acknowledged copy of the police complaint to our Registrars.

Upon receipt of all the above, our Registrars shall advise you further formalities to be complied with for issue of duplicate certificates. However please note that if the lost share certificates are lodged together with a valid transfer deed by a third party for transfer before receipt of your complaint, the case will be dealt with on the basis of relevant facts and our Registrars shall advise further course of action at that time.

Click here for format

go to toptop

2. I have lost my share certificate with transfer deeds duly executed by me. How should I proceed to obtain duplicate share certificates?

You have to follow the procedure described in the preceding answer.

Click here for format

go to toptop

3. What action should I take if I retrieve the original share certificate, which I had reported to be lost to the Company/Registrars?

Please surrender the original share certificate to our Registrar immediately, if the duplicate share certificates have been issued. However, if the original share certificates are found before you comply with the procedure for obtaining duplicate share certificate, please inform our Registrar immediately so that our Registrar can remove the caution marked against such share certificates.

go to toptop

Transfer /Transmission of shares held in physical form

1. I have purchased physical shares. How do I get them registered? How long will it take?

You will have to send the share certificates along with the Share Transfer Deed, (available with Stock Exchange/Share Brokers) duly filled in, executed and affixed with share transfer stamps at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed. The shares, along with the Share Transfer Deed will have to be sent to our Registrar. Normally, it takes 15 days for scrutiny and processing the transfer. Once the shares are registered in your name, the share certificates will be dispatched to you unless any discrepancies are noticed in the certificates/transfer deeds and require rectification. It is important that the seller's name and signature on the transfer deed match with what is available in the registrar's records.

Click here for format

go to toptop

2. I would like to gift some shares to my children/relatives. How do I get them registered in their names? Does it involve stamp duty?

The procedure of registration of shares gifted is same as the procedure for a normal transfer. The stamp duty is also applicable in case of gifted shares, and the duty is at 0.25% of the market value prevailing on the date of execution of the transfer deed by the transferee.

go to toptop

3. Where should I send the shares for transfer?

Registration of Share Transfer is carried out only at the Office of our Registrars at the contact address given below. Please send in through post/reputed courier to our Registrar's office in Chennai.

go to toptop

4. How do I ensure that the Transfer Deed is complete before sending it to the company?

Please fill in all the columns of the transfer deed, sign as transferee at appropriate places and affix share transfer stamps at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed. Please ensure that the transfer deed is duly filled in and executed as explained, to avoid any discrepancy/objection on lodgments.

go to toptop

5. I want to add another joint-holder name to my shareholding. What is the procedure that I should follow?

You have to execute a transfer deed, duly stamped and submit the same to our Registrar for transfer. Please note that such addition of name amounts to change in ownership of shares and the procedure for transfer has to be followed.

6. I have purchased physical shares long back but I forgot to get them transferred in my favour. What is the procedure that I should follow now?

A transfer deed is valid for a period of one year from the presentation date indicated in the stamp affixed by the Registrar of Companies on the upper portion of the deed or the closure date of Register of Members immediately after the presentation date, whichever is later. Please check whether your transfer deed is still valid. If so, submit the transfer deed duly executed and stamped along with share certificates to our Registrar for transfer in your favour.

If the validity period of the transfer deed has expired, you will have to approach the Registrar of Companies for extending the validity of the transfer deed. Alternatively, you may approach the registered holder/seller whose signatures are appearing on the transfer deed as seller to execute fresh transfer deeds. Thereafter you may submit the fresh/revalidated transfer deed to our Registrar for transfer. Revalidation of transfer deed(s) is not applicable in case of entities, which are not under the purview of Registrar of Companies.

go to toptop

7. In case of joint holdings, in the event of death of one shareholder, how do the surviving shareholders get the shares in their names?

The surviving shareholders will have to submit a request letter supported by an attested copy of the Death Certificate of the deceased shareholder and the relevant share certificates to the Registrars. The Registrar on receipt of the said documents will delete the name of deceased shareholder from its records and return the share certificates to the applicant/registered holder with necessary endorsement.

Click here for format

go to toptop

8. If a shareholder who held shares in his sole name dies without leaving a will, how can his legal heir/s (either husband/wife/son/daughter, etc.) get the shares transmitted in their names?

The legal heirs should obtain a Succession Certificate or Letter of Administration with respect to the shares and a true copy of the same, duly attested by the Court Officer, or Notary should be sent to the Registrars along with a request letter, transmission form, and all the share certificates in original, for transmission in their favour.

9. If the deceased family member who held shares in his/her own name (single) had left a will, how do the legal heir/s get the shares transmitted in their names?

The legal heirs will have to get the will probated by the High Court/District Court of competent jurisdiction and then send a copy of the probated copy of the will, along with relevant schedule/annexure setting out the details of the shares, the relevant share certificates in original and transmission form for transmission to the Registrars.

go to toptop

10. A and B had shares in a Company. Both of them died. As the legal heir, how do I get the shares transmitted in my name?

You should obtain a Succession Certificate/Letter of Administration of the last deceased joint holder in your favour and follow the procedure for transmission of shares.

11.As legal heir I have already produced the attested/registered will. Since getting it probated would take a long time and money, can I avoid that procedure?

You will appreciate that in order to ascertain that the will in question is the last will and testament made by the deceased, it is important that the same is authenticated/probated by the Court. This is to protect the interest of the investors at large and to obviate any future claims/disputes on the same.

go to toptop

12. The name of a joint holder was included only for convenience by the first holder. I am the only heir. Could you transfer the shares in my name as per the will/probate?

As per law, the joint holder is deemed to be having indivisible ownership of the joint property and the Company cannot ascertain as to how or why the name was included. As per the Articles of Association of the Company, the surviving joint holders are the only persons recognized as having title to the shares.

Miscellaneous - related to physical share holdings

go to toptop

1. I wish to split/consolidate my share certificates. What is the procedure that I should follow?

Please forward your share certificates along with a request letter signed by all the registered shareholder/s and our Registrar shall split/consolidate the share certificates as may be required by you.

Click here for format

go to toptop

2. I am holding more than one folio in the same name. Can I consolidate these folios?

Yes. Please forward the share certificate(s) relating to those folios, which you wish to merge to our Registrars and they will consolidate your folios and return the share certificates by endorsing the consolidated folio number.

You may please note that the folios to be consolidated should be in the identical name and in the same order of identical names (in case of joint-holding) and bear the same address.

go to toptop

3. We are holding shares in joint names and would like to change the order of names.

Please forward your share certificates along with a request letter duly signed by all the joint-holders to our Registrars as per the specimen signatures recorded.

Nomination with respect to shareholding

go to toptop

1. How do I make a nomination with regard to my shareholding?

You have to submit a nomination form duly filled in duplicate and signed to our Registrars. If you are holding shares along with other holders, then all the holders will have to sign the nomination form.

After the form is received by the company, and if found in order, a registration number will be allotted to the nomination. A duplicate copy of the nomination form received from you will then be returned to you with an endorsement indicating the registration number and date.

Nomination can be made only in respect of shares held in physical form with the registrars to the company. Only one nomination can be made for each folio. Folios having different order or combination of names of shareholders will require separate nominations.

In case of dematted shares, your nomination has to be recorded with your Depository Participant for all the shares held by you in a DP account.

download Nomination form for physical certificate shareholders

go to toptop

2. Do I have to send my share certificates along with the nomination form?


go to toptop

3. My shares are held in joint names. Are the joint holder/s nominees to the shares?

Joint holders are not nominees. They are joint holders of the relevant shares having joint rights on the same. In the unfortunate event of death of any one of the joint holders, the surviving joint holder/s of the shares is/are the only person/persons recognized by the Company as the holders of the shares.

go to toptop

4. Can a nomination once made be changed?

Nomination once made can be revoked by a shareholder by giving a fresh nomination to our Registrars. If the nomination is made by joint holders, and one of the joint-holders dies, the remaining joint holder/s can make a fresh nomination by revoking existing nomination.

go to toptop

5. What is the legal position of the nominee in case of death of the shareholders?

Upon the death of a shareholder, the Nominee, to the exclusion of any other legal heir/beneficiary, is the only person in whom the shares vest. In other words, in case of a valid nomination, the Company/Registrars will not entertain any claim from legal heirs or beneficiaries and the shares will be transmitted only in favour of the Nominee.

In case if the nomination is made by joint-holders, the nomination will come into play only upon the death of all the joint holders. Therefore if one of the joint shareholders dies, the shares will devolve on the surviving shareholders to the exclusion of the Nominee. In this case the surviving shareholders may make a fresh nomination if they so desire.

go to toptop

6. What is the procedure for the nominee to get the shares in his name?

Upon death of a shareholder, the nominee is entitled to have the shares transmitted in his favour. He/She will have to give a notice in writing to this effect along with the share certificate(s) of the deceased shareholders. Alternatively, the nominee can transfer the shares held by the deceased shareholder, to a third party.

If a nominee opts for registration of shares in his name, he is required to produce proof of identity, e.g., copy of passport, driving license, voter's identity card or such other proof to the satisfaction of the Registrars/Company. The nominee should also submit his specimen signature duly attested along with a request for transfer.

Upon scrutiny of the documents submitted by the nominee by the Registrars, shares will be transmitted in his favour and share certificates returned to him duly endorsed.

go to toptop

7. Can the nominee sell the shares without registration in his favour? What is the procedure?

Yes, a nominee can sell the shares to a third party, without registration of shares in his favour. However, the usual procedure for transfer of shares will have to be followed.

go to toptop

8. I have shares in the demat form. Can I send the nomination form to the Company/Registrars for making a nomination with respect to my shareholding?

For making a nomination with respect to dematted shares, you will have to approach your DP only. In the account opening form provided by the Depository Participants there is a provision for providing the name of the nominee. Please consult your Depository Participant for further details. Please note the Company/Registrar cannot accept any nomination form from shareholders who hold shares in Demat form.


Company Contact

Mr.Jitendra Kumar Pal,
Company Secretary & Compliance Officer,
California Software Co Ltd,
Robert V Chandran Tower,
B3, # 149, Pallikaranai,
Velachery Tambaram Main Road,
Chennai - 600 100, India.
Tel: +91 44 42829000


go to toptop

Registrar/Share Transfer Agent Details
  • Share holders in physical form may send communication regarding change of address, transfer of shares, transmission, consolidation of folios, nomination, loss of certificate, corporate benefits not received, ECS mandate forms to the registrars at address given below:

    Please note that for most of the above-signed hardcopy requests, relevant formats are needed for the registrars to act upon the requests. (Status of processing request/ updating details maybe checked on email)

  • Demat shareholders may contact their DP for all of the above, except in case of any undue delay /non receipt of any corporate benefits, for which they may also contact the Registrars.

go to toptop

Integrated Enterprises (India) Ltd
Unit: California Software Co Ltd,
2nd floor, Kences Towers,
1, Ramakrishna Street, North Usman Road
T Nagar, Chennai 600 017, India.
Telephone: +91 44-28140801/03
fax : +91 44-28142479

Note: Both physical certificate shareholders /Demat shareholders may escalate their query in respect of any delay or non-satisfactory resolution of issues to the Company contact given above (after 30 days of the issue not being resolved by Registrars).

go to toptop

Home nextInvestors nextHelp Desk